These General Conditions of Travel govern the legal relationship between the customer and Island ProTravel Island Ehf.
1. Booking and Payment
When a written booking request has been made a deposit of 20% is due immediately. The written booking request can be done by e-mail, fax or a letter. The booking is confirmed with a written confirmation/invoice. Full payment of invoice is due no later than 28 days before departure date.
2. Information about booking status
The client is requested to send on a regular basis information about the group and the booked guest (names, special needs etc). Three months before departure, all major facts and figures concerning the group should be requested and confirmed, otherwise the options for the group reservations has to be cancelled.
It is possible to cancel the booking. The cancellation must be done in writing and as soon as possible. The cancellation will be valid on the day it reaches our office in Iceland.
When individuals in the group cancel the following cost of cancelleation will apply per person:
* 2 months to 45 days before departure: € 200,-
* 44 – 31 days before departure: € 300,-
* 30 – 22 days before departure: 35 % of the price
* 21 - 15 days before departure: 45 % of the price
* 14 – 7 days before departure: 65 % of the price
* 6 – 3 days before departure: 75 % of the price
* 2 days and less before departure: 100 % of the price
If the minimum number of guests(as per definition for each group) is not reached because of individual cancellation, a full 100% cancellation cost will be charged in order to reach the requested minimum number of guests for the group.
In case of the whole group to be cancelled the following terms of cancellation costs apply:
* until 60 days prior to departure: 15% of the total cost
* 59 – 45 days prior to departure: 35 % of the total cost
* 44 – 30 days prior to departure: 55 % of the total cost
* 29 - 15 days prior to departure: 75 % of the total cost
* 14 days and less prior to departure: 100 % of the total cost
For groups with more than € 50.000 turnover or more than 35 passengers special conditions will apply.
Name changes are always possible.
For namechanges made within 30 days before departure the following costs will be charged: € 150
* within 20 days before departure: € 200
* From day 6 a name change will be considered as a cancellation and a new booking made.
We recommend that all guests buy fully comprehensive travel insurance before departure. This insurance should cover cancellation charges, medical and repatriation costs, personal effects etc.
All changes and amendments should be in writing.
*Please note other terms and conditions apply for individual travel.
Island ProTravel Island Ehf.
Tel. +354 510 3600